I couple of days ago I found that the old bacula-sd daemon was no longer accepting backups from my central backup server. The Backup server runs version 7.0.4 and the storage daemon was still 5.0.3
Because building is a bit tricky I wanted to share the basic steps to the get this done.
- Download the Qemu development environment from Readynas Forum.
- Download the PostgreSQL version used on the director, build and install PostgreSQL
./configure && make && make install
- Download the matching Bacula and build and install it in a dummy root directory
./configure --enable-build-dird=no --with-postgresql=/usr/local/pgsql
make install DESTDIR=/root/dummy
- The complete install tree should now be in /root/dummy I trimmed this to only hold bacula-sd and bacula-fd but if you need more tools on the readynas you can keep them in here.
- The final step is to copy everything to the Readynas. my preferred method is via a a tar archive
#bacula #readynas #linux